Timeline: May 2021 - May 2023
Press Releases: 1st Press Release
The Project Structure:
The project activities are divided into 4 Work Packages (WPs):
- WP-0: Management and Dissemination
- WP-1: Gas Cooking Hobs and Hot Plates
- WP-2: Harmonised approcah to evaluation of administrative requirements
- WP-3: Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) measurements on connected portable devices (e.g. smartwatches for children, connected toys, location tracking devices, smartphones, and others)
Participants: 24 Market Surveillance Authorities (MSAs) from 20 European Union (EU) Member States
Countries involved in the Gas cooking hobs and hot plates activity: Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Spain and Slovakia. Switzerland shall participate as an observer outside the financial scheme.
Countries involved in the harmonised approach to evaluation of administrative requirements activity: Greece, Italy, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland (organisations from Switzerland shall participate as observers at their own costs).
Countries involved in the SAR measurements on connected portable devices activity: Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Greece, Latvia, Netherlands and Sweden. Switzerland shall participate as an observer outside the financial scheme.
The Joint Action aims to raise the level of market surveillance in the product areas concerned, thereby contributing to a more uniform application of the rules set out in the applicable EU harmonised legislation.
In particular, JAHARP2020-1 aims to:
- Survey the state of compliance and safety in the internal market for recreational craft and low voltage electrical appliances;
- Identify and deal with non-compliant products, ensuring that unsafe products are brought into conformity or withdrawn from the market;
- Reduce the risks of accidents, thereby improving the protection of the health and safety of European consumers;
- Reduce unfair competition resulting from the presence of non-compliant products on the market;
- Raise awareness among manufacturers, importers, distributors and other concerned stakeholders about the problems identified on the market, with a view to ensuring a durable improvement of the level of compliance and safety of the products concerned;
- Raise the profile of market surveillance in general.
In JAHARP2020-1, the participating MSAs build upon common experience, optimise the use of resources and develop common tools for checking the conformity and safety to exchange best practices across sectors and build a further integrated market surveillance system in Europe for the products concerned.
JAHARP2020-1 was created in close collaboration with the respective four Administrative Cooperation (AdCo) groups to best target product and horizontal activities based on the current needs and requirements of their member authorities. These groups are:
- The AdCo Gas Appliances Regulation (EU) 2016/426
- The AdCo on Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU
- The AdCo Transportable Pressure Equipment (TPED) – Directive 2010/35/EU
- The cross–cutting activity on a harmonised approach has also been welcomed by the AdCo Low Voltage – Directive (LVD) 2006/95/EC
The project is co-funded by the European Commission/DG GROW under the action “EU support to joint market surveillance actions for non-food products” and coordinated by PROSAFE.