JAHARP2020-1 Work Package 3 - SAR Measurements
Work Package Coordinator: PROSAFE, BE
Work Package Leader:ANFR, FR
The purpose of this project is to check if manufacturers of connected portable devices (smartphones, tablets, location tracking devices, connected toys, smartwatches) conduct an adequate analysis and assessment of the risk(s) on SAR measurements during the conformity assessment procedure, as required in Annex III of the GAR. Particular attention will be drawn to both "vertical" and "horizontal" aspects checking for the vertical aspect of the number of appliances that will be non-compliant to the relevant applicable requirements, and for the horizontal aspect, evidence of significant differences in the way conformity is checked/declared including the level of non-compliance amongst the two different types of appliances and relevant market players.
The main objective of the Work Package are summarised as follows:
- Identification of non-compliant connected portable devices and appropriate actions to bring them into conformity or remove them from the market;
- Identification and development of the best market surveillance practices for future actions;
- Durable improvement of the general level of compliance and safety of connected portable devices;
- Increased profile for market surveillance of connected portable devices in general;
- Appropriate responses from Standardisation Organisations and Notified Bodies.
9 Market Surveillance Authorities from the following 9 Countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Greece, Latvia, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden.