JAHARP2020-2 - Work Package 1 - Tumble Dryers
Work Package Coordinator: PROSAFE, BE
Work Package Leader: SNESB, SE
The final scope of this project is to generate measurable and verifiable impacts in the most cost-effective manner by surveying the state of compliance and safety of the internal market, identifying and dealing with non-compliant products distributed both through traditional and digital supply chains (e-commerce), ensuring dangerous or non-compliant products are removed from the market or brought into conformity, supporting business by reducing unfair competition an raising awareness among economic operators. Moreover, it will create multiplier effects through the dissemination of the project outcomes beyond its lifecycle and the replication or extrapolation of methods, lessons-learnt and best practices to future national and EU product market surveillance campaigns. Finally, the project present pragmatic and feasible policy and non-policy recommendations that can help the European Commission address the challenges and seize the opportunities for market surveillance on products covered by Union harmonization legislation.
The main objectives of the work package are summarised as follows:
• Identification of non-compliant tumble dryers and appropriate actions to bring them into conformity or remove them from the market;
• Durable improvement of the general level of compliance and safety of tumble dryers;
• Increased profile for market surveillance of tumble dryers;
• Identification and development of best market surveillance practices for future actions;
• Appropriate responses from Standardisation Organisations and Notified Bodies
12 Market Surveillance Authorities from the following 10 countries: Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, Italy, Latvia, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden.