JAHARP2020 Work Package 1 – Gas Fired Space Heaters
Work Package Coordinator: PROSAFE, BE
Work Package Leader: TUKES, FI
The final scope of this project is to ensure that non-compliant and dangerous products remain outside the Single Market through product compliance checking, risk analysis and enforcement activities (including guidance and awareness raising). Moreover, the project will support the application of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 with the development of common approaches and good practices for market surveillance, consultations and synergies with relevant stakeholders (including ADCO groups, non-EU national authorities). Finally, it will increase the skills and knowledge of EU MSAs via cross-sectoral capacity-building, the development of replicable common tools/toolkits and the use of knowledge exchange digital systems.
The main objectives of the work package are summarised as follows:
▪ Identification of non-compliant space heaters and appropriate actions to bring them into conformity or remove them from the market;
▪ Identification and development of best market surveillance practices for future actions;
▪ Durable improvement of the general level of compliance and safety of space heaters;
▪ Increased profile for market surveillance of space heaters in general;
▪ Appropriate responses from Standardisation Organisations and Notified Bodies to issues identified during the work.
16 Market Surveillance Authorities from the following 15 Countries: Belgium, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Slovakia.