JAHARP2021-04 - Scissor Platform Lifts
Work Package Coordinator: PROSAFE, BE
Work Package Leader: NLA, NL
The objective of this project is to keep non-compliant scissor lifts products from the Single Market by supporting EU MSAs in their market surveillance activities with respect to EU harmonised legislation in the long-term. Moreover, it aims to verify the compliance of the products concerned with the applicable legal requirements and standards and ensure enforcement of Union legislation, whether the products are manufactured in the EU or imported from third countries into the EU market.
The main objectives of the work package are summarised as follows:
- Provide information on the state of compliance and safety in the market for scissor lifts;
- Identify and deal with non-compliant products, ensuring that unsafe products are brought into conformity or are withdrawn from the market;
- Identification and sharing of good practices
- Reduce unfair competition resulting from the presence of non-compliant products on the market;
- Raise awareness among manufacturers, importers, distributors and other concerned stakeholders about the problems identified on the market, with a view to ensuring a durable improvement of the level of compliance and safety of the product;
- Increase the profile of market surveillance of scissor lifts.
9 Market Surveillance Authorities from the following 7 countries: Belgium, Czech Republic, Ireland, Latvia, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain.